Monday, August 6, 2012

Training with NTG

Running this summer has been extra special. I have had the pleasure of training with my son, who is preparing for his first season as a high school cross country runner. His training plan was aggressive, calling for several long runs, tempo runs, and track intervals. We have managed to stay on pace so far.

There have been ups and downs in training, most of the downs due to the heat! Some runs had to be cut short, broken up with water stops, or cancelled altogether. The "ups" however outweigh these downs. My love for my son continues to grow stronger with each passing day. Running together has brought us closer together. I have discovered so much about myself as a person, a father, friend, and husband.

I would not trade this summer of training for anything!

No comments: